Trick or treat! Smell my feet! Give me something good to eat! Don't let your Halloween guests go home without these enchanting party bags. Frankie and Casper the Cat are delightful ways to decorate your party bags this Halloween. And don't stop at just party bags: use them for making wall decorations, trick or treat bags, windows, jars, canvas bags, t-shirts, sweatshirts, you name it. Make them extra spooky by using glow-in-the-dark acrylic paint. Great for all kinds of surfaces - wood, paper, fabric, clay, paper mache, etc
- Paper favor bags (white or colored)
- 1/2", 3/8", and 1/8" stencil brushes
- The stencils have 5 overlays (layers) each and are stenciled in very similar ways. Therefore, we will describe in detail the Frankenstein stencil only. The same basic stenciling procedures can be applied to others.
All of the stencils are numbered 1 through 5. Position stencil 1 on paper bag and secure in place with blue masking tape. Lightly insert a pencil into each of the registration marks (tiny circles) located near the corners of the stencil. This will create marks (dots) on your paper bag (which we call registration marks) These registration marks will help you when positioning each successive overlay. If you don't want to erase the four dots after you are finished stenciling, you can place a 4 small pieces of masking tape where the dots lie and then at the end, instead of erasing simply remove the masking tape.
- Apply Territorial Beige to Frankie's vest, Harvest Orange to the pail, and Black to Frankie's foot and the head of the bat. Carefully remove overlay 1.
- Position overlay 2 using the registration marks (dots) you made in step 2. Secure with blue masking tape. Frankie's arms and leg on overlay 2 should line up perfectly with the vest you've already stenciled. Apply a light coat of bright yellow in all of the stencil openings on this overlay. Apply a light coat of Kelly Green to these same openings. The color produced will be a shade of lime green. Carefully remove overlay 2.
- Position overlay 3 correctly, using the registration marks (dots). Apply Goosefeather to all openings on this overlay (face and hands). Carefully remove overlay 3.
- Position overlay 4 correctly, using the registration marks (dots.) Apply Black to all openings on this overlay (Frankie's foot & hair, pail handle, and bat wings). Carefully remove this overlay.
- Position overlay 5 correctly, using the registration marks (dots). Apply Black to all openings except for Frankie's leg and bat eyes & nose. Frankie's leg requires a light coat of bright yellow first, followed by a light coat of Kelly Green. Apply Country Gray to the bats eyes and nose. After all stencil openings have been stenciled, remove overlay.
- If you so desire, you may add shading to various parts of Frankie (v-neckline of vest and inner leg).
- You did it!