Customize your own signboard with our phrase over a phrase custom stencils! These custom stencils give such an elegant look to your project, and are so easy to apply. A variety of fonts are available, and you decide the phrases or sayings that will work best for you. From Bible passages to country sayings to family names, let your creativity soar!
- Plain, wooden signboard ( ours is 1x6x24 )
- 1/2" and 3/8" stencil brushes
- 1" foam brush
- custom lettering of your choice
- Basecoat your signboard with 2 coats of Stonewedge Green paint.
- Remove brown paper backing from your first (one-time use) custom lettering stencil, position it in the center of your signboard. Press stencil down firmly to ensure contact. Remove the application tape (top layer of stencil).
- Mark the triangular registration marks lightly with pencil.
- Apply 2-3 light coats of Antique White paint. Allow 30 minutes to dry, and then remove this first stencil.
- Remove the brown paper backing from your second custom lettering stencil, and position it over the registration marks. This will perfectly align both of your phrases.
- Press down carefully around each letter and remove the application tape. Then apply 2-3 light coats of Black Green paint. Allow 30 minutes to dry. Remove your stencil.
- We show 2 color and phrase variations here to get the creative ideas flowing. Enjoy!
We purchased our signboards at Lowes Home Improvement store. You could also find these ready-to-paint signboards at most of your local craft stores. You may also want to seal your signboard with a coat or two of clear polyurethane.
For making multiple signboards, consider using our re-useable custom lettering stencils.
Snowman Shaker Boxes
Slate Welcome Sign
Cigar Box Purse
Lady Bug T Shirt
Retro Picture Frame
Days Til Christmas
Peg Coat Rack
Christmas Placemats and Napkins
Halloween Party Bags